Interested In A More Natural Healthcare Option?
Naturopathic Doctors are experts in natural and preventative medicine. We have access to many unique treatment tools. We address many acute and chronic health concerns. And, we work together with other medical professionals to give you the best care. We’ve been a regulated healthcare profession in Ontario since 1925.
Naturopathic Doctors provide a confidential and neutral space for you to explore complementary and alternative healthcare options. We listen to you. We take the time to answer your questions, address your concerns, and get a full picture of what’s going on in your case. We provide information, and empower you to make informed choices about your health.
The Naturopathic Principles Which Guide Our Approach Include:
- First Do No Harm
- Using the most gentle yet effective treatment available
- Supporting The Body's Natural Ability To Heal
- Cooperating with the healing power of nature
- Individualized Treatment For The Whole Person
- An individually tailored treatment plan that helps you meet your health goals
- Getting To The Root Of The Cause
- Identifying and treating the root cause of disease
- Teaching The Principles Of Healthy Living And Preventative Medicine
- Inspiring and empowering patients to live healthier, fuller lives
A Naturopathic Doctor May Recommend The Following Treatments, Therapies Or Remedies:
- Dietary Advice And Therapeutic Nutrition
- Dietary changes
- Food sources of specific nutrients
- Nutritional supplements
- Healthy Living
- Eating patterns
- Sleeping habits
- Thought patterns
- Water intake
- Establishing a healthy and supportive daily routine
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbal remedies in the forms of teas, pills, tinctures (herbs soaked in alcohol or glycerin), creams, or other forms
- Homeopathy involves the use of very dilute substances to help bring the body back into balance
- A remedy is chosen that at normal doses, would create similar symptoms to those you’re experiencing, in a healthy person
- Acupuncture Or Acupressure, Ear Acupuncture or Acupressure
- Acupuncture involves the insertion of sterilized, single-use, stainless steel needles, at specific points on the body for therapeutic purposes.
- Acupressure is needle-free. It involves gentle pressure at specific points on the body, typically with the thumbs.
- Ear acupuncture or auricular acupuncture is acupuncture done at specific points on the ear. It’s often used to help people quit smoking, stop drinking, or with other addictions. It can also be used for other purposes such as insomnia, weight loss, or to stimulate calm and relaxation.
- Ear acupressure is needle-free and is often done by taping small seeds to specific points on the ear. Ear seeds are often used for similar purposes as ear acupuncture.
- Manual Therapy
- Physical medicine involves looking at and treating your physical body
- It generally involves gentle manipulation of the soft tissue and/or bone
- Naturopathic Doctors learn basic massage techniques
- We also learn how to do adjustments or manipulation similar to those your chiropractor might use
- Manual treatment can involve gentle manipulation of the bones, soft tissues or organs for therapeutic purposes
- Hydrotherapy Or Water Therapy
- Hydrotherapy or water therapy is the use of water for therapeutic purposes.
- Different temperatures of water are used because of their effect on how blood circulates.
- Hydrotherapy can be used to speed healing after a surgery or injury
- Other Therapies
- Over the counter medications